4th Grade Language Arts
Independence! Every school age child longs to be autonomous. This engaging, literature-based Language Arts class will follow the year of total independence experienced by young Sam Gribley in the award-winning classic book "My Side of the Mountain" by Jean Craighead George.
Ready to enroll?
Login to book
Sept. 6, 2022 - Dec. 13, 2022
Meets Once a week for 14 weeks on Tuesday
Time 10:00AM - 10:55AM PSTSee class dates
This engaging, literature-based Language Arts class will use games and other fun activities to cover 4th grade level state standards for Reading, Writing, Listening, Speaking, Grammar, and Spelling.
This class will cover state standards for:
· Reading, including fluency, vocabulary, comprehension, & literary response.
· Writing, including multi paragraph compositions, use of quotes and ability to paraphrase, and use of citations.
· Writing genres to include narrative paragraphs & summaries of stories.
· Writing conventions of grade-appropriate grammar, punctuation, capitalization, and spelling.
· Listening & Speaking skills including asking thoughtful questions, narrative presentations, informational presentations, oral summary of books, & poetry recitation.
This class is live, online, and interactive. We will use games and other fun methods to cover the material.
Students will generate at least one written work sample per week which may be included in a work portfolio and/or submitted to your charter school teacher.
|Class size||2-10 students|
Handouts, worksheets, etc. provided via email by the instructor to be printed by the student and used in class.
Each student needs a copy of the book "My Side of the Mountain" by Jean Craighead George.
Questions about this course?Contact us
About the Instructor
Kathy Kendrick earned a BA in Communicative Disorders and MS in Instructional Design and Technology and teaches many different classes including American Sign Language, Language Arts, Reading/Phonics (Orton-Gillingham trained) and her newest passion is “Gameschooling”.
Other Classes Taught by Kathy Kendrick
Starting Sept. 8, 2022 @ 10:00AM PST
3 other class availableView course
There have been no reviews submitted yet.