AdLifeEdu Virtual Classroom Conduct
Our goal at Advanced Life Education (AdLIFE) is to bring the most creative, caring and innovative teachers to a virtual setting to equip youth with the critical skills and knowledge they need to navigate and succeed through life's inevitable challenges. To help facilitate the type of learning environment that we hope to create, it is imperative that each student is provided a safe learning environment. This requires that teachers, students, and parents all abide by clearly defined expectations. Please carefully read and consider the guidelines below.
AdLIFE Teachers commit to:
- Teach classes professionally. They will be prepared, begin on-time, and respond promptly to parent questions and requests.
- Send the link to the virtual classroom at least 24 hours prior to the start of the lesson.
- Create a safe and nurturing learning environment for students, and welcome families from all backgrounds, beliefs, and locations.
- Refrain from injecting personal beliefs into classroom discussions.
- Communicate with parents and students in a professional manner, both in text/email and in-class.
- Set aside time to communicate with individual parents and students at least once during each class series so that each family feels heard and included.
- Not text directly with students and to include parents in all email communications.
- Incorporate homework and a review period for information learned.
- Provide a syllabus for parents which outlines what information has been covered and explains homework.
AdLIFE Parents commit to:
- Provide a good, well lighted working environment for the class session.
- Ensure that their child attends lessons consistently.*
- Provide respectful and constructive feedback to teachers.
- Communicate with teachers to clarify any missing details before or after lessons
- Understand that our community is diverse – respecting the opinion of others is tantamount to the success of students and teachers alike
- Reflect AdLIFE's values by not discriminating according to age, race, nationality, gender, LGBTQ identification, or religion.
*In the event of extended absences, please notify your teacher in advance
AdLIFE Students commit to:
- Attend class on time with required materials on hand.
- Dress appropriately as they would for in-person lessons.
- Be respectful to teachers and classmates.
- Eliminate distractions and actively participate in the class.
- Engage in written and oral communications that are free of vulgar, belittling, or offensive language, or any forms of bullying.
- Abide by rules, policies, and procedures established by the course instructor.*
*Students who violate the virtual classroom rules of conduct will be warned by the instructor to correct the behavior and/or may be prohibited from communication with classmates for the remainder of the lesson. If a student has been repeatedly disciplined in a virtual classroom, the parent will be notified and the student may receive read-only privileges in the classroom for the rest of the session or until the instructor allows. Students may be asked to leave AdLIFE permanently.