Adventures in Acting is lead by professional producer and casting director Chris Gilmore with assistance from Leo Gilmore. It is much more than just a class where students learn how to act professionally on camera for movies, television and commercials. This incredible series of classes is aimed to builds the student’s self esteem and self image. It teaches discipline and focus as well as teaching students to use their creativity and imagination. It empowers the students to be able to speak in front of a group with great confidence and improves memorization, improvisation and even helps develop a sense of humor.
The classes are 4 hours per month, taught in two monthly 2-hour classes. The cost of the class is $125 per 4 hours of instruction. Upon registering, the instructor will set an appointment with you to evaluate if your child belongs in the beginner or intermediate class based on your child's age, previous acting classes or not, and personality traits. The schedule (day of the week and time of day) will be provided at that time based on the level your child is placed in. Class dates may vary due to holidays.
From start to finish all students will learn the art of comedy, drama, two-party scene study, cold-reading, monologue technique, comedy improvisation as applied to on-camera film and television performances as well as commercial techniques. Every month is a different acting theme. This course is the Real Thing, and if acting professionally is the goal, students will receive all the skills necessary to pursue a professional acting career while having fun learning them.
Each month a new class theme and skills are explored including comedy, improv, scripted scene study, dramatic scene study, method acting techniques, audition and cold-reading, scene breakdown technique/expanding your imagination, creating cool characters for movies and television, and commercial technique.
BEGINNING ACTING CLASS
This class is highly suggested for kids 9 years old through 18.
- Assorted acting skills including comedy improv, method acting, on camera scene study, and much more.
- A class which encourages the student to ask questions and learn the techniques of acting from the beginning steps on.
- A strong focus on building the student’s confidence in themselves and in letting go the fear of performing in front of others
- In this class, the teacher also evaluates the student’s learning style, confidence level, emotional needs, and develops a teaching plan for each individual student
- Great class for a trained actor who has developed bad acting habits and needs to relearn the skills from a new perspective. (such as a theatre-trained actor who needs to learn how to tone-down “theatre acting” and approach acting from a more organic and internal level.
Consent: Upon enrolling in these acting classes, the parent is giving a consent to instructor Chris Gilmore to place chosen scenes filmed during class on You Tube. This also allows parents the opportunity to view segments of the class for their convenience and easy viewing.